Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Paper Rosettes for Card Making

Here are 2 cards we've made recently. I purchased a Martha Stewart scoring board and made lots and lots of paper rosettes. I even got my teen making them! So we put together these two cards and decided to post them to a few challenges just for fun.



Mom's card
Daughter's card


























Once you get the hang of it, using the scoring board makes rosettes much easier! The only problem I had was figuring out the paper sizes. I have been trying every size of paper I can think of to make the smaller rosettes for cards. This was my first attempt!



As you can see... I still need to do some tweaking! So here goes!

For the smaller rosettes, I tried useing 1 by 6 light weight scrapbook paper. I had 2 problems with this. The lightweight scrapbook paper is too light. If you press the least bit hard on the scoring board you rip the paper. There goes those flowers! Secondly, 6 inches is just a tad too short if your paper width is 1 inch. Once I was finished scoring, I cut my 6 inch paper into a 3/4 inch strip. Accordion fold on the score marks. Pull the two ends together and match up the valleys and mountains to glue. Then gather it all together and pull out until you have a rosette. Use a small circle of card stock on the underneath to glue it all together.


This blue rosette was 8 inches by 3/4 inches. It was scored on the black marked lines on the scoreboard, which was every 1/4 inch. The smaller rosettes were made using 6 inch by 1/2 inch paper. I even made a few from 8 inch by 1/2 inch and scored them every 1/8 inch. These were small and short. The larger rosette was made with 12 inch by 1 inch paper scored every 1/4 inch.


So now we have lots of rosettes for our next card making attempts!

We are submitting our cards to these challenges:

Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
CPS Sketch 254
CES Challenges - Blues and Cream
C.R.A.F.T Challenge 143
Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World

Pink Paper Paradise      I love CASE Study

And daughter gets this for her participation! Yay!!


7 comments:

  1. Great card, love your tutorial too! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just a beautiful rosettes you've made and how versatile they are on each card. I really like your designs on both!

    Thank you so much for sharing in our Linky Party at Make It Monday!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
    Jo and Tigerlover.
    (you had forgotten to link your cards, have done that for you. However I do have a bit of difficulty recognizing Sheryl's sketch)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab creations, thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card and thanks for joining us at craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAbulous designs!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at CES Challenges this week! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kathy! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to leave comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...